Peer Counseling Code of Conduct
At AbleGamers integrity is at the core of all that we do. By acting with integrity:
We acknowledge, honor and normalize the journey of our players, their families, caregivers, and the disabled community as a whole.
We value the work and efforts of our passionate AbleGamers teammates and organization; and
We respect the trust of those who donate and volunteer to support our mission and programs.
By engaging with AbleGamers you are acknowledging and agreeing to the following expectations and standards while participating in AbleGamers programs and services, both for you and your accompanying guests or caregiver.
If either you or your guests do not follow these expectations and standards, you and your guests may be excused from the engagement and may be becoming ineligible to engage in future AbleGamers’ programs or services.
- Be polite, respectful, and supportive to others, including AbleGamers’ teammates, service providers, guests, and the public.
- Refrain from using excessive profanity, and any use of vulgar, offensive, or insensitive or abusive language.
- Refrain from wearing clothing with crude or intolerant, inappropriate or offensive language or images.
- Discriminating, harassing, marginalizing or sexually offensive actions or behavior, verbal or nonverbal, are prohibited.
- Always exercise reasonable care and safety for the wellbeing of yourself and others, including following established safety instructions, directions, and practices.
- Any misconduct is unacceptable, including engagement in unwanted or aggressive horseplay, and any expression of violent, threatening, or damaging actions or behavior to a person or property.
- if you have a question, ask an AbleGamers’ teammate.
Please ensure that you and your guests remain aware and mindful of these expectations and standards. With your commitment and cooperation, we will continue to succeed in combating social isolation through play.