SpawnTogether Nearing the Halfway Mark
What & when is SpawnTogether?
SpawnTogether is an annual event raising money in September for the AbleGamers Charity to help players with disabilities get the equipment they need to play the games we all love. Steve began this rallying cry for helping people in need with a simple dream. Festivities began on September 1 and go throughout the entire month.
As SpawnTogether nears the halfway mark, we still have a long way to go. And we need to do it together.
How can you get involved?
- If you are a content creator, sign up at SpawnTogether.com and fundraise whenever you want! Festivities begin on September 1 and go throughout the entire month. If you would like a more specific date, we are asking people to consider September 15-18 as a rallying point. Use #SpawnTogether whenever you stream or hold your fundraiser.
- Don’t stream? No problem. Donate. Go to SpawnTogether.com. You wouldn’t believe how many times people have told me, “Steve, I don’t have $1000 to give.” And my response is always the same: Give only what you can! And we were successful the first time because we rallied thousands of people to give what they could. AND THAT EQUALED $1 MILLION! Everyone can help! Never underestimate the power of a determined group of good people.
If you have more questions about getting involved, check out the SpawnTogether FAQ. Please take a moment to check out Steve’s video below.
Why should you support AbleGamers?
The world of games and gaming provides people with disabilities an opportunity to build rich social engagements, lifelong friendships and connect with players who share similar experiences. Simply put, AbleGamers believes in using the power of play and inclusion to connect players, build communities and combat social isolation.
AbleGamers created the world’s largest impaneled group of people with disabilities through our Player Panel program, a collection of hundreds of players with disabilities who advise the gaming industry. We’ve empowered thousands of people to connect with the gaming world and created multiple adaptive hardware solutions by working with our engineering team and research partners.
- Thousands of people with disabilities are helped through our peer counseling and assistance with hardware and software challenges.
- Dozens of custom equipment solutions are engineered for people with disabilities through the work of our in-house engineering research team.
- Over 200 game developers trained on how to make their games more accessible.
Hundreds of players with disabilities are connected to the industry, empowering them to lend their voices to create a more accessible gaming world.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg! We have accomplished a lot together. But, there are still thousands of people with disabilities who want to enjoy the wonderful world of video games, but to get there, they need AbleGamers’ services.
You can also donate directly to AbleGamers by clicking here but be sure to add #SpawnTogether in your note so we know you supported Steve and SpawnTogether!